When do we collect your data? There may be several times during our interactions with you when we may collect information about you:
• When you contact us to enquire about a course either by telephone, online or in person
• When you’ve book and paid for a course
• When you come to the training centre to take the course.
What data do we collect? We collect personal information about you when you make an enquiry, this can include:
• Name and date of birth
• Address and telephone number
• Email address
• Your employers name and address
When you book and pay for your course we collect additional information including:
• National insurance number
• Job Title
• Your bank or credit card details when you pay for your course
When you come to the centre we may ask for more information including:
• Passport photo
• Proof of your previous qualifications
There are 3 main reasons that allow us to legitimately process this data:
• Contract - if you take a course with EAS Mechanical or place an apprentice with us, this forms a contract between us. In order to fulfil this contract – to provide your course and manage the qualifications - it is necessary for us to process this data. If you enquire about a course, this will be the first step towards entering into a contract with us, even if you don’t actually book anything with us at the time.
• Legitimate Interest - Sometimes we need to process your data in order to run our business effectively. For example, we might contact you to tell you about relevant courses, offer assistance with apprenticeship training or if we have good news to share regarding competitions our students are engaged with.
• Consent - if we are not processing your data for reasons of Contract or Legitimate Interest, we can do so with your consent – for example if you have ticked a box saying you would like to receive an email newsletter from us.
You can ask us which reason we have used for processing your data, and you can withdraw your consent at any time. Email Info@easmechanical.co.uk
How is your data stored?
• We collect your data when we speak to you on the phone or in person, or correspond with you by email or letter.
• We record your personal details and information about the courses you have taken or enquired about on our secure Training Database. Some information may also be stored on our server, for example payment records or copies of emails.
• We may also hold information about you on paper, for example course booking forms, registers, or other correspondence.
Is your data safe?
Data security is a vital part of our business, and we protect all the data we hold, including your personal information.
EAS Mechanical has a full Data Protection Policy covering all aspects of data security. All our staff are signatories to this policy and are fully trained in data security. If they new are not trained we continue to ensure all staff are up to date with in a month of employment.
The policy covers the following areas to offer you the strongest protection for your information:
• Electronic data storage – including security software and firewalls, password protection, encryption.
• Paper data storage – including secure file storage , clean desk policy, shredding.
• Sending data within the business – including encryption, password protection.
• Deletion – including timeframes for deleting unnecessary personal data.
• Financial transactions – including safe storage and deletion of payment records.
Sharing your data - We protect your information by never passing it on to third parties but.......
Qualifications you take with us may be awarded by external bodies such as City & Guilds and Bpec. We have to share some data with them relating to the completion of your qualifications, for example some of your personal information and details of the assessments you have taken with us. We only give them the information they need to register and award your certificates.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your data for as long as it needed for the purpose that it was collected. We do this in accordance with the data retention principles of the ICO’s data protection guide.
These are some examples of why we may be retaining your data:
• If you take a course with us, we will keep your record on our database so that we can let you know when your qualification expires, or if the regulations change and you might want to take a new course
• We also keep a record of our financial transactions with you for our tax records
If we hold your data because you have asked to receive an email newsletter, we will keep your contact details until you unsubscribe.
You have rights over your personal data, and EAS Mechanical are committed to respecting these rights and answering any queries or requests you might have about them.
Your right of access - You have the right to access all the personal information we hold about you. You can request this by emailing us and we will confirm if we are processing your data and provide access to all the data we hold. We must respond to a request for access within one month.
Your right of rectification - If there are mistakes in the information we hold about you, you can ask to have inaccurate personal data corrected, or completed if it is incomplete. We must respond to a request for rectification within one month.
Your right to erasure - This is also known as the “right to be forgotten” and you can ask to have your personal data deleted.
You can ask for this if we only hold your data because you consented to receive marketing information such as email newsletters from us.
Your right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to use your personal information, for example to send you communications about special offers or email newsletters, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
All communications that we send you will contain “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” options to make this easy for you.
If we have a contract with you, you can withdraw your consent for marketing communications, but we will still be able to contact you as part of that contract - for example to let you know that a qualification you hold with us is due for renewal.
Questions or complaints
Call: 01604 583060
Write: EAS Mechanical Limited
69 St James Mill Road
If you are concerned about the way we are handling your data, or you feel that we have not answered your questions or requests properly, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Accept cookies and close