Heating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation (6188-20) Level 2 Diploma Duration
Heating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation (6188-20)is a two year course with attendance at college for 1 day per week for 35 weeks per year known as day release.
To qualify for an Apprenticeship you must secure employment in the area of plumbing. To commence the Plumbing Framework it is recommend that you have GCSE grade C in English, Science, Maths and Design Technology. If you do not have these grades or if you do not have your results yet, then entry is at the discretion of the College all entrants must sit and pass an aptitude test designed
This qualification covers all the essential knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in commercialHeating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation. This is taught at our Northampton Centre, which is located with strong transport links with Birmingham, Leicester, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Peterborough, Coventry, Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering, Rushden and Daventry. Situated with in a short drive from the M1, M6, A14 and a 10 min walk from the new train station getting to EAS could not be easier.
- Understand how to communicate with others in building services engineering.
- Understand how to apply environmental measures in building services engineering.
- Understand how to apply scientific principles in MES.
- Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environments.
- Install and maintain commercialHeating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation systems.
- Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework. fabrication techniques for commercialHeating and Ventilating Industrial and Commercial Installation systems.
- Understand and apply commercial cold water system installation and maintenance techniques.
- Understand and apply commercial hot water system installation and maintenance techniques.
- Understand and apply commercial central heating system installation and maintenance techniques.
- Understand and apply commercial rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques.
- Understand and apply commercial above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques.
- Understand and carry out safe working practices in building services engineering.
You will collect evidence from work and produce a portfolio, to prove you have the skills.
Functional SkillsFunctional Skills are skills that will help you become an effective member of staff in any place of work. They help you to become flexible and adaptable and therefore a highly valued member of the team.
The Functional Skills required for the Plumbing Framework are:
The Functional Skills are completed by a portfolio of evidence and an exam (depending on your GCSE grades).
The programme is college based and you will be required to attend theory and practical lessons.
The assessments consist of on-line tests to be completed and passed at the end of each unit. There will also be a practical task manual to be completed in the workshop throughout the year.
Opportunities for Progression
You can progress onto the Level 3 6188-3.
Funding / Costs
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds (AGE 16 to 24)
Grants of £1,500 are available to help small employers offer young people employment through the Apprenticeship programme.
It is expected that most employers will want to access AGE16 to 24 to support the recruitment of one apprentice. However subject to budget availability and the employer's commitment to support the apprentice to the end of their programme, up to 3 grants can be made to any one employer.
The £1,500 is in addition to the training costs of the Apprenticeship framework which are met in full for young people aged 16 to 18 and 50% for those aged 19 to 24.
Onsite assessments - Free
Need help with work placements? Please follow our links page to put yourself on our database along with BEST's.
Employers who fancy a deal?
As a thank you we will offer free Water Regulation course to employers who trust us with training their apprentice. Please contact us for more details.